Every Sunday, I stop by to share with you a few raw and real stories from my week in The Sunday Edit. Stories where I edited struggles into strengths and found Gem moments when shining seemed impossible. In a world where everyone filters what they share online, I want you to see you’re not alone and I want to inspire you to have more good days. You’ll also find what products have been making my life easier, what new Gem finds I’ve come across, and the best sales going on right now!
**This post may contain affiliate links (which means I make a small commission when you shop from them) and sponsored items (gifted items are indicated with a [c/o] and sponsored links with a [sp]) because we all have to pay our bills, and I’d rather keep creating awesome content for you than get a real job. All opinions are my own.**
New Posts on The Gem:
- 5 Essentials All Women Should Have In Their Wardrobe This Autumn
- Exploring Round Hill Park | Elizabeth, PA
- Top 2019 Weekly Planners (you’ve been waiting for this one!!)
- Accra Fashion Week Summer 2018 (my first post from Ghana!)
- 3 No Fuss Ways to Sneak More Veggies Into Your Meals
Life Update & Thoughts:
I am so excited I have to chance to sit down a write a Sunday Edit for you today! It’s the first day in forever where I didn’t have anything scheduled to do. I slept in for forever, went to yoga, and now I’m writing… although my brain doesn’t seem to want to get on board with being productive. Why is it that whenever I have actual time to sit down and write I can find no words, but when I’m running around like crazy or driving down the highway, I get ideas left and right?!
- I WENT TO GHANA (that’s in Africa!). You guys, when they say traveling the world really changes you, they mean it. I feel like I’m looking at my life through new lenses and it’s refreshing. So much more coming on this in posts that are on deck!
- My birthday was on Wednesday! It was a fun week spent with my family and friends including a family dinner at Olive Garden (my favorite – and the Black Tie Mousse Cake is literally my idea of heaven) and a night out at the ballet on Friday (I’ll love any excuse to put on a pretty dress).
- So, this is also a shine, but still a struggle. It’s also been so hard that I couldn’t tell you about this sooner! In August, my sister told me (after I was a full glass of wine into the evening – I was on vacation, don’t judge) that she’s pregnant. The kicker is, she’s 20. TWENTY. That’s a 2 and a 0. I’m 28 and the most important goal in my life has always been to have a family and kids. To be honest, I thought I’d already be at that point by now. I am SO happy for her. I am thrilled to be an aunt, to plan her baby shower, and to see her grow into the wonderful mother I know she has the potential to be! Yet, I feel like I’m being punched in the gut when I think about it. It’s an odd mix of emotions, so if you have suggestions for me on how to process this, I’m all ears.
- My heart is so heavy for the families and victims of the tragedy that occurred in Pittsburgh yesterday. I just don’t have the right words to say other than we all need to do our part to lead our lives from a place of love and kindness.
- I’m still living with my ex-boyfriend, which is not awful but it’s still very weird.
- My website is being a jerk. I do need to be thankful because it was completely down yesterday (due to nothing that I can do on my end) and now it keeps going live for a bit and then dies for a bit. Trying so hard not to pull my hair out!
Photos by my mom =)
- I needed a new pair of nude heels and when I walked into Nordstrom, the lady told me these are their top seller when it comes to nude pumps! I can see why – they are insanely comfortable as far as heels are concerned. I didn’t even break them in and I wore them all night on Friday (to dinner and to the ballet) without any blisters or discomfort! They are a total no brainer.
- Also on Friday, I wore this fit and flare dress that fits me like a glove (pictured above). I’m fully prepared to wear it once a week this entire season! Not to mention, it’s 40% off right now! Full look coming soon 😉
- The “Really Rose” shade of this lip color has been on repeat for me lately. I love that it’s a touch darker but doesn’t make the rest of my skin look super light – it’s my perfect fall look!
- Green beauty, anyone? Try out Au Naturale with 25% off Site Wide with code fall25
- Buy 1 get 1 50% off on select sweaters at Target!
- Save up to 60% off select dresses as ASOS (this one would make such a cute holiday party dress)