In The Sunday Edit, we talk about two things: 1) Struggles – real moments that happened from my week that were not so great and 2) Shines – awesome things that happened along with what products have been making my life easier, what new Gem finds I’ve come across, and the best sales going on right now!
**This is a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links (which means I make a small commission when you shop from them) and gifted items because we all have to pay our bills, and I’d rather keep creating awesome content for you than get a real job. All opinions are my own.**
New Posts on The Gem:
- Patagonia Pullover Sale at Backcountry
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 21
- 7 Easy Ways to Practice Self-Love and Grow into a Happier You
Life Update & Thoughts:
Happy Sunday, Gems!
When I think about this past week, the biggest thing that sticks out (other than the baby shower I’m frantically planning that’s coming up in 7 days – send help), is the conversation I had with my therapist on Tuesday.
At my very first appointment with her months ago, I told her one of my main goals was to get better at decision making. The more stressed I get, the harder making life decisions is (business decisions seem different, I suppose). For example, I spent like an hour yesterday deciding on what color acrylic ice crystals to get for my sister’s shower because I couldn’t find the specific color I was looking for. And, as you can tell from my past Sunday Edits, I can’t decide if I want to suck it up and live with my mom to save money, if I want to get a “real” job, or if I want to sell everything I own and move South. I analyze every angle of a situation – and can see the good and the bad in every decision – almost to a fault where it’s paralyzing.
Somehow, we got on the topic of talking about how I feel feelings and I told her it’s either all or nothing – I either feel every emotion a situation can bring up, or I feel numb. She asked if I was on medication and I shot back, “no, I don’t want to be”. Then, we started talking about that medicated chapter of my mental health journey. I started taking an antidepressant at the beginning of high school (it might have even been middle school?). Over the course of many years, I tried quite a number of them (they helped me through some of the worst moments of my entire life, like losing my dad. So, I do not discredit the power of medications for mental health and I do often think they are the right decision). But eventually, I realized I couldn’t feel anything. So, I made the decision to get off of them a few years ago (which we can talk about another day).
Anyway, she said to me, maybe you never really learned how much emotion, how much feeling was the right amount. Sounds about right. When you don’t feel anything, it’s hard to make decisions because nothing is guiding you. And when you feel everything, the overwhelm is so overpowering that it’s hard to decide. I think that was quite a breakthrough because it always felt very strange to me that in some ways, I am SUCH an emotional person but in other ways, there aren’t any feelings there when it feels like there “should” be. Just like how some days, I have so much in my heart that I want to tell you about, but other days, I can’t feel anything so I can’t write anything.
I know a lot of you like to read about my therapy journey, so I wanted to take some time to give you an update on what I’m currently exploring on that front. I’m really looking forward to working through this and I could not be more grateful that I found an amazing therapist to help me work through all of this life stuff. If this is something you relate to, I’d love to hear about it (you can send me a private message on Instagram if you don’t want to leave a public comment!). Your thoughts on what I write matter so much because they help me figure out what to elaborate on so I can share the most helpful stories for you!
On to the rest!
- I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods last night and let me tell you about the #GemFind I came across! I have been eyeing up this CALIA by Carrie Underwood Moto Hybrid Jacket literally since it came out months ago, but I just didn’t have the $140 to spend on it. Well, right now it is $35 (WHAT?!) and it seriously took every ounce of self-control in me not to buy it in all 5 colors. I did buy the gorgeous Graphite color one though!
- The Walking Dead is on tonight!! I need to know where my fellow WTD fans are at. Comment below or DM me on Instagram if this is also the highlight of your Sunday!
- I remade my easy cookie cake recipe (swapping the bunny sprinkles out for hearts, of course) and once again, I was definitely impressed with myself (in the baking department, lol). I even made my own mix this time! I also made cake pops first the first time ever and I think they definitely have potential.
- I’ve been thinking a lot this week about whether or not my business is worth it… That’s not a thought I enjoy having, but I think it comes from the fact that I need to move in 2 months. My options feel so limited because building a business is hard and while I am making more money from blogging than I ever have, my debt to income ratio (that thing they look at when you are trying to get approved for any adult thing) sucks – thanks for that student loans. I’m terrified I won’t get approved for anything (especially since I just bought a car and have that loan), so it feels like I shouldn’t even bother taking the time to look… and thus, it feels like moving back in with my mom for a bit is my only choice (and I’m not very excited about that). Click here for more on my moving journey.
- I had another Valentine’s Day outfit post (and a rose theme skincare post) that I wanted to get up this week that just didn’t happen. Sad face.
- In case you missed the memo above, you need this jacket. It’s a mix between a moto jacket and a puffer jacket and is perfect as the weather starts to warm up and we transition back to Spring! Wooohoooo!
- This lip balm has been a saving grace for my chapped winter lips. If regular old chapstick isn’t cutting it for you right now, try this stuff!
- This volumizing mascara
- Pretty sure I’ve worn this sports bra every day this week. Whoops.
- I grabbed these workout/yoga pants yesterday and then, at home, did like 5 squats in them awkwardly looking at my bum in the mirror to make sure they aren’t see through. They passed the test! I do these things so you don’t have to ;).
- Charming Charlie: Take 60% off all clearance items until 2/20. Shop here!
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Take $20 off when you spend $100 or more with code TAKE20. There’s an in-store coupon, too that valid until 2/19!
- Express: EVERYTHING is 40% off until 2/19. Shop here!
- The Body Shop: Take 30% off side wide until 2/19
- Madewell: Get an extra 30% off all sale items until 2/20! Shop here.
- Backcountry: It’s Semi-Annual Sale time! So many things are over 50% off and you get an additional 20% off select styles! Here are all the Patagonia things that are up to 30%.
- Under Armour: Get an extra 20% off when you spend $100 with code RALLY20. Shop here!
- Ann Taylor: Take 40% off select full-priced styles with code SOSWEET until 2/18.
- ASOS: Take 15% off sitewide until 2/19