In This Post: Even though I wear cute outfits (sometimes) and take pretty pictures, my Sunday Edit posts are all about connecting with you on the real, not so Instagram worthy moments that happen each week. I also include a few of my favorite things!
**This post may contain affiliate links (which means I make a small commission when you shop from them) and gifted items because we all have to pay our bills, and I’d rather keep creating awesome content for you than get a real job. All opinions are my own.**
This Week on The Gem:
- Which Summer Prints Should You Add to Your Wardrobe?
- Exploring Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Dressy Jumpsuits for Summer Occasions
- A Historic Hotel in the Heart of Richmond: Linden Row Inn
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 31
- Most Read Post: Structuring Your Daily Routine to Promote Strong Mental Health
- Most Purchased Gem Find: Eliza J High Neck Lace Sheath Dress
- Most Clicked Gem Find: Palm Print Two Piece Set
This Week in Life:
How was your week? I really want to know and I always want to hear from you! I know sometimes it feels pointless to message the bloggers you follow and to leave comments, but the more you share with me about your lives, the more I know what you will most relate to about mine! Which helps my brain that overthinks everything pick what to share with you. Regrettably, I’m not the best at replying (I’m sorry). It has nothing to do with not having enough time. I’m great at sharing, but not always great at making conversation and sometimes I feel like my brain can’t find a good enough response. Ugh, the joys of anxiety.
Speaking of overthinking, here’s one decision I spent wayyyyy too long making this week. I hesitated to publish some the photos in my Which Summer Prints Should You Add to Your Wardrobe? and Exploring Mount Pleasant, South Carolina posts. Why? Because when I sat down to pick which image I wanted to edit, I noticed the second button of my beloved cherry blossom print dress was surprisingly not buttoned. Initially, my mind was like “PEOPLE ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO NOTICE THIS”. I was a bit heartbroken because these are some of my favorite pictures that my sister took from the whole entire road trip I went on last month. But, as reason started to settle in and bring me back down to Earth, I realized how ridiculous that was. I cannot tell you how often I look down and see a button undone, or a fly down, or a stain on my shirt from who knows what (it never fails, I get something on myself every single time I take photos). Life is full of unbuttoned moments and times when we’re less pulled together than we would like to be, so I’m embracing that this week and publishing these anyway. People will probably notice and I hope it makes you feel less embarrassed and more at ease the next time you have a button debacle!
Keep scrolling for this week’s shines and struggles, what I’m loving, photos from this week, sales you don’t want to miss, and what I could use your help on!
- I published 5 blog posts this week including this one! I cannot even remember the last time I churned around that much content in a week and to me, it’s a sign I’m finally starting to fall into a flow after adding another part-time job to my schedule (which happened back in April). I honestly don’t know how I pulled it off, but I am thrilled my creativity had that much stamina. Head to the home page to catch up on easy outfits and be sure to follow along with the stops of my June road trip last month! Dealing with anxiety and depression all the time, these things often halt my creativity and productivity, so I’m spending some extra time celebrating how much of a shine this is for me!
- I FINALLY HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. I REPEAT, I HAVE AIR CONDITIONING!
- I took a buti class at Amarah yesterday and bought a bouquet from Victoria’s Mobile Flower Shop, who was parked outside after class. It was a great way to see some friends and get the day off to a beautiful start!
- Still trying to come up with a new blog name to call this space. Please send help.
- In last week’s Sunday Edit, I had made a commitment to track my time this week and it didn’t happen. In fact, I completely forgot to even attempt this, whoops!
- Why is everything so much harder than it needs to be when it comes to doing grown-up things? On Monday, I walked into my therapist’s office for them to tell me there’s a problem with my insurance (which no one told me about). Had I gotten a call, email, or letter in the mail about the problem, I could have resolved it instead of driving all the way to my appointment for them to tell me I couldn’t be seen. Still problem-solving this.
- Last month, I spent over 3 hours arguing with AT&T about unnecessary charges on my bill. They finally agreed to credit them in addition to $30 for the inconvenience and told me it would take 2-3 business days. They were never credited to the account. I called back on Tuesday spending another 2 hours on the phone with them, for them to say that would resubmit it for approval and it would be on there in 2-3 business days. Has my account been credited? No. Ugh! Nothing drives me crazier than when my time is wasted for no reason.
Currently Loving This Week:
- This oxblood ruched shoulder crop jumpsuit I just bought at the Nordstrom sale. I cannot wait for it to get here! You’ll probably see me in it for the rest of Summer and well into fall because it’s so versatile.
- Pinterest! I have been spending more time on this platform lately to feel inspired and I forgot just how much I love it. Come hang out with me and see what I’ve been pinning lately!
- I ran into Dick’s to exchange something and could not resist these wide leg cropped culottes when I walked passed them. They are under $27 currently and I’m telling you, I can’t stop wearing them. So soft, comfy, and cute! A true GEM.
- This drapey cardigan looks like it’s so comfortable while still lending a put-together look. And it’s under $50!
- My best friend. My foam roller. This is the first week since I’ve been back that I’ve started ramping up my workouts again and there’s no way to prevent and soothe sore muscles than with one of these!
This Week in Sales:
- If you have a Nordstrom card, you have early access to their massive anniversary sale right now! I know every blogger is talking about this sale and that’s because the deals are truly amazing like these high waisted workout leggings for under $40, save $80 on these Vince Camuto knee high boots, the infamous faux leather leggings from Spanx that are a steal under $70, this cozy hoodie from The North Face for under $50, and this $25 lightweight sweater. Here are more Gem Finds from the sale:
- There are also 5 exclusive Gal Meets Glam Collection pieces that are a part of the Nordstrom sale! I also scooped up this oxblood ruched shoulder crop jumpsuit but there’s also a sleeveless tie waist jumpsuit, a wine colored v-back dress, a flutter sleeve wrap dress (that comes in candy apple red and moon lake blue), and a vintage inspired soft charmeuse dress. You can only get these seasonally transitional pieces at the Nordstrom sale right now!
- Take 50% off shorts, swim, tees and sandals at J. Crew until 7/14. Use code STAYCOOL. Snatch up these seaside ready cotton shorts for under $25, these high waisted crisp white shorts for under $25, this strappy sundress in a peony shade of pink for under $60, and this adorable ruffled scoopback one-piece swimsuit (comes in 5 different colors!) for under $60!
- Check out what Gal Meets Glam Collection dresses are currently on sale here.
This Week in Photos:
The only photos I took this week were from Wednesday’s mini session. Amy and I instantly clicked and it’s so fun to have made a new friend doing what I love! I did edit a TON of photos from the trip so be sure to check them out in all of the recent blog posts and keep checking back for more moments coming this week!
Asking for help on:
- I would really like to start expanding my blog in the travel space more! Pinning any of the images from my travel-related posts would be so wonderful of you. Thanks in advance!
- Please let me know if you ever see typos in my content! I’m a one-woman show and it’s always so helpful when people catch the mistakes a miss.