In This Post: Even though I wear cute outfits (sometimes) and take pretty pictures, my Sunday Edit posts are all about connecting with you on the real, not so Instagram worthy moments that happen each week. I also include a few of my favorite things!
**This post may contain affiliate links (which means I make a small commission when you shop from them) and gifted items because we all have to pay our bills, and I’d rather keep creating awesome content for you than get a real job. All opinions are my own.**
New on The Gem:
- Where to Stay in Virginia Beach: The Founders Inn and Spa
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 34
- How to Find the Perfect Jumpsuit for Your Shape
- Late Summer Palm Prints
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 33
- Most Read Post: Gal Meets Glam Dresses on Sale
- Most Purchased Gem Find: Gal Meets Glam Collection Angelica Dress
- Most Clicked Gem Find: Day Designer Planner
This Week in Life:
Where the heck did you come from, September? Didn’t we just start August?!
This week in life, depression is definitely what ruled my mental space. Not necessarily the sad side of depression, but the exhausted side of depression. The fact that I can even make the distinction though, is really cool. I think one of the most incredible powers that has come out of going to therapy and working on my mental health is the ability to differentiate different types of not being okay. By being able to acknowledge what type of not okay I am, I feel way less overwhelmed by my emotions. It gives me a starting point to figure out what actions I need to take to bring myself back to a better place rather than having no idea what may or may not help.
Even though I wasn’t in the best mental space this week (especially due to some personal things that involve people other than me and aren’t my place to be writing about), it was empowering to notice myself putting the skills I’ve learned in therapy to good use and to be able to see the progress I’ve made.
I also always struggle a little more this time of year. I love spring and summer so much and fall isn’t my favorite (no pumpkin spice anything for this girl). Even though it isn’t quite fall yet, there’s been a new cool, crispness to the air each morning this past week, leaves are just beginning to turn, and everyone around here seemed to whip out their fall clothes, so I can feel it coming… That all being said, it’s even more important to make sure I’m taking a look at the shines, the really good moments, from this week, too!
Keep scrolling for this week’s shines and struggles, what I’m loving, photos from this week, sales you don’t want to miss, and what I could use your help on!
- Affiliate sales were great this week, especially for on sale Gal Meets Glam dresses! It’s always exciting when someone makes a purchase based on my recommendations. It shows me that I’m really connecting with my audience and helping you find items and outfits that fit your lives! Thank you so much for anyone who shopped from my links this week.
- A week from now, I’ll be on my way to Charleston! I cannot wait to explore the area more and hopefully nail down what neighborhood I want to live in.
- My littlest sister and I haven’t gotten a chance to spend a lot of time together lately, so it was lovely to spend the day with her on Saturday. I convinced her to help me with a campaign photo, so we explored a little public garden that’s near my mom’s house before heading to Pittsburgh’s National Aviary. I had never been there before! It’s not as big as other attractions Pittsburgh is known for like its zoo and also Kennywood amusement park. It was nice to have something to do that just took up a few hours of the afternoon rather than something you have to dedicate a whole day for. She was so excited to feed the toucan!
- Someone close to me that I care about so much is really struggling right now and is making a lot of questionable life choices. It’s so hard when you’ve reached the “there’s only so much that I can do point” and you feel like there are no other ways for you to help – especially when you can see the way the future is going to start unfolding and there’s nothing you can do to try to prevent it from happening.
- Trying to bite the bullet on buying a new camera so that the quality of my images and photography can continue to improve! They are just so much money and I have such a hard time making big purchases!
- STILL trying to come up with a new blog name to call this space. Please send help!
- It’s been over two weeks since I’ve seen my niece and I miss her so so much.
(jumpsuit photos by my sister and Alex Barone)
Currently Loving This Week:
- My oxblood ruched shoulder crop jumpsuit (pictured above) that I keep wearing and keep telling you about again and again is ON SALE! Save 40% on it right now!
- I just got my first pair of TOMS (in this dusty shade of purple, of course!). At first, I was so worried because they were too tight and I knew I couldn’t return them, but once I wore them around the house for a few hours, they started to break in. Now, I’m so glad I didn’t get a size up because they fit perfectly. I can see what all the fuss is about as they are truly so comfortable!
- I’ve been on the hunt for a new shampoo and conditioner for my fine, flat hair. After reading reviews, I decided to go with the Nexxus Diametress collection and I approve! I notice a bit more volume when I air dry my hair and even more of a difference when I blow dry it. I only put the conditioner on the bottom half of my hair to prevent from weighing down my roots.
- This draped knit blazer. I love how it’s cozier than your average blazer but more professional looking than a regular cardigan!
- Can we talk about how perfect the purple shade of this henley tunic is?!
- Loving all of the blush pink outwear that’s coming out this season like this hooded trench coat. I do love fall shade and jewel tones, but I’m also a fan of incorporating lighter colors into fall looks for the soft, elegant touch that they can add to an outfit!
This Week in Sales:
- I cannot believe this Madewell wrap sweater is under $25!
- The linen floral jumpsuit that I’ve been living in this summer is still on sale for 50% off (yes, it’s a classic style that you can wear for years to come, so grab it now!)
- Almost everything at Aerie is 40% off! Here are my recommendations for early fall finds worth snatching up today – this fleece turtleneck dress (comes in 3 colors), this $23 knit wrap dress (comes in 3 colors), this sweatshirt that was made to pair with your favorite leggings (comes in 12 colors), and this quarterzip sweatshirt (comes in 4 colors)!
- Check out what Gal Meets Glam Collection dresses are currently on sale here.
This Week in Photos:
Some leftover images for an upcoming campaign my sister helped me with paired with some flowers we found along the way, a few more snaps from the aviary, and the cutest first day of school mini session I photographed!
Asking for help on:
- I would really like to start expanding my blog in the travel space more! Pinning any of the images from my travel-related posts would be so wonderful of you. Thanks in advance!
- Please let me know if you ever see typos in my content! I’m a one-woman show and it’s always so helpful when people catch the mistakes a miss.