In This Post: Sunday Edits are where I share a bit about life as a blogger, what’s really going on behind the scenes, good things about this week, what I’m struggling with, favorite finds, and what I’m loving.
**This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission when you shop from them and you help to support my business in the process (thank you!). All opinions are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.**
New on The Gem:
- How to Wear Overalls (honest, I NEVER thought I’d fall in love with a pair of overalls, but here we are!)
- Classic Fall Outfits for 2020 (including some sneak peeks of outfits coming soon!)
- What Shoes to Wear With a Jumpsuit
- Madewell Perfect Vintage Jean Review
- Kaileigh Rica Knit Crop Jumpsuit (this is so comfy and chic!)
- Most Read Post: Structuring Your Daily Routine to Promote Strong Mental Health
- Most Purchased Gem Find: Comfy Floral Jumpsuit
- Most Clicked Gem Find: Levi’s Classic Baggy Overalls
Great Stuff on Sale:
- I don’t wear jeans often, so the fact that I’ve been living in these Madewell high rise crop jeans (pictured below) lately is solid proof of how amazing they are. I’m 100% obsessed with the fit! They’re available on Amazon right now for $40.50, which is CRAZY. Run because this feels like a typo. All Perfect Vintage jeans are also 20% off for Madewell Insiders (it’s free) right now, too!
- These loafers (pictured below) are also on sale + 40% off for Madewell Insiders! I have them in blush and they are 1) so comfy after breaking them in and 2) they go with everything.
- While it’s not the exact color of the gorgeous dusty purple version I have that’s long been unavailable, I did come across an equally beautiful deep plum shade of the famous Patagonia Snap T pullover that’s $30 off and a rich verbena purple version that’s $30 off, too!
- All leggings are 40% at Aerie right now! For the price, the quality is fantastic! And, they are so buttery soft and comfy (as seen here)
- This basic long sleeve tee that’s perfect for layering under practically anything
- I layer this faux suede jacket over anything on chilly days. It’s so stretchy and easy to move around in. A few colorways are available for under $50!
Happy Sunday! It is Sunday, right? I think so!
In some ways (due to my own efforts, not luck, haha), life is feeling a little more on my side this week. It’s always nice to celebrate that with a Sunday Edit! After some strategic changes to my business, I’ve been steadily seeing my website traffic numbers grow over the past few weeks and that really fuels my motivation to keep writing. So, please keep reading, keep sharing, and keep letting me know what I can do to bring a little more joy into your days (while keeping things real, of course).
Aside from an extra dose of motivation and feeling refreshed after a little getaway last week, I’m also attributing the stability of this week to a big shift in my daily routine: going to bed at the same time each night and waking up the same time each day (aiming for 11:30 pm – 6:30 am right now). I’ve slipped a little bit, but this has been a goal of mine for the past 3 months, so I’m incredibly proud of myself for sticking to it more closely this week. I think this is one of the most important boundaries you can set for yourself to improve your mental health, which I talked about in the guest post I wrote for The I’m Loving Me Project blog that went up this week. I also had a chance to share my story and talk about setting boundaries for better mental health live on Facebook with Gloria Ward, the founder of The I’m Loving Me Project. Linking the recording here!
I also had not one, but two opportunities to take my niece to different farms around Pittsburgh this week. She’s in love with pumpkins right now and has been carrying mini ones around the house none stop, so she was thrilled to spend time at the pumpkin patch… twice! Another win here is our outfits. Honestly, I never ever thought I’d like how I look in a pair of overalls, but I cannot get over how cute our matching outfits turning out!
It’s things like being able to go on adventures with her anytime that make moving even harder to think about. Which brings me to the heaviest decision on my plate right now: moving. You might remember from my Sunday Edits last year that I’ve been planning a move to Charleston. Well, this pandemic is making it seem like a really awful time to do that. I’m living at my mom’s right now which was only supposed to be a temporary thing for a few months. Not knowing when I’ll be able to take my next step and questioning if my sanity can take staying where I’m at until the time is right to move is such an intense balance to think about! I love my family and the extra time I’m spending with them, but not having my own space presents so many challenges. This really brings this post full circle because if you ever decide to move back home, let me again emphasize the importance of setting boundaries!
I don’t want to look back and regret not moving sooner, but I obviously didn’t foresee a pandemic in the middle of my moving plans either. Basically, I have no idea what to do or when to do it and I’m not a person that functions well without a plan. Please send any advice on making hard decisions my way!
In the meantime, I’m so grateful for this cutie and how hanging out with her melts all my problems away for a bit. Everything is exciting to her and there’s nothing better than being around the pure, joyful energy of a happy kid.
This Week in Photogenic Moments: