In This Post: Even though I wear cute outfits (sometimes) and take pretty pictures, my Sunday Edit posts are all about connecting with you on the real, not so Instagram-worthy moments that happen each week. I also include a few of my favorite things!
**This post may contain affiliate links (which means I make a small commission when you shop from them) and gifted items because we all have to pay our bills, and I’d rather keep creating awesome content for you than get a real job. All opinions are my own.**
New on The Gem:
- Oxblood Jumpsuit at Reginald’s Coffee
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 35
- Where to Stay in Virginia Beach: The Founders Inn and Spa
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 34
- How to Find the Perfect Jumpsuit for Your Shape
- Most Read Post: Where to Stay in Virginia Beach: The Founders Inn and Spa
- Most Purchased Gem Find: Gal Meets Glam Collection Luella Ruched Shoulder Crop Jumpsuit
- Most Clicked Gem Find: Day Designer Planner
This Week in Life:
Today’s Sunday Edit is coming to you from the Kimpton Cardinal Hotel in Winston-Salem, North Carolina (hotel review coming soon because this place is AMAZING). I’m a little more than halfway to Charleston! This road trip’s purpose is to go down to get a better idea of what area/neighborhood I want to live in down there. I’m so excited!
Even though I’m looking forward to the rest of the week, I’m being sure to slow down and soak in this moment, too. I’m definitely having a “pinch me” kind of experience currently. I can’t believe I’m here to photograph this incredible hotel and write about it. I mean, I spend most of my days makeup-free in pajamas, typing away for hours at my little white desk, so surely I cannot be fancy enough to be here. Sometimes I just can’t wrap my head around how many obscure situations life throws my way to handle (and stress about) on a regular basis. But then, I get to have these extraordinary memories and opportunities where it feels like it might just all balance out. When I take a step back to look at the whole picture, my life seems so abnormal, outrageously stressful, and exceptionally wonderful, all at once.
Keep scrolling for this week’s shines and struggles, what I’m loving, photos from this week, sales you don’t want to miss, and what I could use your help on!
- Tomorrow I’ll be in Charleston!
- I’m just so happy to be traveling. I feel the most like myself when I’m exploring and adventuring.
- After 4 months of fighting $120 in data overages charges that AT&T couldn’t explain, they FINALLY agreed to credit back my account. I was honestly getting to the point where I never thought I’d see that money again, so this is definitely a big win!
- Family things. Ugh.
- Still having things to do and a business to keep running and work the hours for my part-time job while traveling. I wouldn’t trade traveling for anything, but I wouldn’t mind a few more hours in the day either!
- Something hit my windshield on my way here and now there’s a chip in it. Boooo.
Currently Loving This Week:
- The BB Dakota draped jacket I ordered got here just in time for my trip, and Gems, it honestly makes me excited for fall (that’s coming from a person who is not really excited about this season). It is so buttery soft. It’s also super stretchy and very easy to move around in! I was looking for something to wear over my sleeveless shirts and dresses to transition them into fall, but if you plan to wear long sleeves or a lightweight sweater under it, I recommend sizing up so that you have room in the arms!
- That dusty purple tunic I mentioned in last week’s Sunday Edit? I caved and bought it… and I totally don’t regret it. I love the fit and the color is even dreamier in person.
- COVERGIRL recently sent me some new goodies to try, and I am beyond impressed with the TruBlend Undercover Concealer [c/o]. Not only does it stay true to its promise to perfectly match skin tone, but the fluffy doe applicator helps to prevent it from settling into creases in the skin (which is a problem I usually run into constantly with concealer and liquid foundation!). I’m wearing COVERGIRL’s TruBlend Undercover Concealer, Super Stunner Hyper-Glow Mono Highlighter, Minerals Loose Powder, and Matte Made Liquid Foundation and I cannot believe the shade my complexion is still in after a 6.5 hour road trip!
- I’ve been looking for the perfect basic t-shirt that isn’t too tight or too loose, and I finally found THE one from Target! I styled it under my pink blazer tonight, as shown below on the right.
This Week in Sales:
- These quintessential fall ankle booties from Sam Edelman are 60% off right now!
- Also in shoes, these timeless Vince Camuto strapy sandals are under $40
- Holiday parties are just around the corner, and this designer long sleeve dress makes a stunning statement at an equally alluring price.
- The linen floral jumpsuit that I’ve been living in this summer is still on sale for 50% off (yes, it’s a classic style that you can wear for years to come, so grab it now!)
- Check out what Gal Meets Glam Collection dresses are currently on sale here.
This Week in Photos:
Asking for help on:
- I would really like to start expanding my blog in the travel space more! Pinning any of the images from my travel-related posts would be so wonderful of you. Thanks in advance!
- Please let me know if you ever see typos in my content! I’m a one-woman show and it’s always so helpful when people catch the mistakes I miss.