In This Post: Even though I wear cute outfits (sometimes) and take pretty pictures, my Sunday Edit posts are all about connecting with you on the real, not so Instagram-worthy moments that happen each week. I also include a few of my favorite things!
**This post may contain affiliate links (which means I make a small commission when you shop from them) and gifted items because we all have to pay our bills, and I’d rather keep creating awesome content for you than get a real job. All opinions are my own.**
New on The Gem:
- The Best Travel Underwear for Women
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 36
- Oxblood Jumpsuit at Reginald’s Coffee
- The Sunday Edit – Volume 35
- Where to Stay in Virginia Beach: The Founders Inn and Spa
- Most Read Post: Structuring Your Daily Routine to Promote Strong Mental Health
- Most Purchased Gem Find: Gal Meets Glam Collection Luella Ruched Shoulder Crop Jumpsuit
- Most Clicked Gem Find: MICHAEL Michael Kors Rhea Zip Medium Slim Backpack
This Week in Life:
I just got back from another road trip last night. This year, I skipped out on New York Fashion Week to explore more of Charleston, SC to get a better feel for what areas and neighborhoods I might want to live in. Mission accomplished! Now, my next steps are to start getting most of my belongings into a storage unit (I’m not taking much with me for now) and to keep an eye on houses/apartments… and saving as much money as possible, which Julia Engel makes so hard with how much I love the Gal Meets Glam Collection dresses every month. Have you seen September’s dresses yet?! I’ll just leave these here:
Anyway, now that I’m back home, I’m feeling so many things today. Grateful for another week away (I LOVE traveling), overwhelmed by how much there is to catch up on, mentally unprepared to pick real life back up, hopeful to have taken another step forward in the moving process, bummed that there’s not another confirmed trip on my calendar, heartbroken to get back to dealing with some of the personal things going on in my life, motivated to sit down to write my blog posts from the week, excited that I have some fall outfits to share with you, and anxious about who even knows what, because I don’t know how to not be anxious.
Before I left, there were so many things I wanted to have done. So many problems that seemed necessary to solve, so many posts and to-do list items that felt absolutely essential to do. I only got through a few of them before I left. I even had all of these things I wanted to get done while I was traveling that I never got around to doing. Now that this trip is over, I can look back and see that those problems felt so much bigger than they needed to at the time. Life kept happening and nothing major fell apart just because I didn’t get those things checked off my to-do list. It’s all still there, it all still needs to be done, but that pressure was unrealistic and unnecessary.
I hope that’s the message you take with you today and hold with you throughout the week. I can’t tell you when, but I can tell you that whatever you’re dealing with today isn’t always going to seem this big. One day, not too long from now, it’s going to seem so much smaller. Find a bit of comfort in that.
Keep scrolling for this week’s shines and struggles, what I’m loving, photos from this week, sales you don’t want to miss, and what I could use your help on!
- I had a truly great week where I felt like I was doing what I’m meant to be doing with my life. I collaborated with some of the most amazing hotels I’ve ever stayed at, ate great food and ice cream, soaked in some sun on the beach, and took lots of great photos. I won’t say that I’m “lucky”, because it was hard work and determination that created these experiences, but I am so so thankful that I’m able to have weeks like this.
- Family things. Ugh. I still haven’t seen my niece and it hurts my heart how much I miss her. Often, it’s really hard to write and be creative when heavier things are going on around me, so I really appreciate the fact that you’re reading this right now!
- I feel the most like me when I’m traveling and exploring, so while I am so grateful for having the flexibility in my life to be able to travel, it’s a bummer to come home and lose that sense of alignment.
- So many stupid life things to do, like finding a physical therapist to go to for back pain (from a car accident I’m still having pain from last year), getting the chip in my windshield fixed that happened on my way down to Charleston, and going through boxes from the water main break that flooded my basement a few weeks ago (which I still haven’t done).
Currently Loving This Week:
- The BB Dakota draped jacket I’ve been mentioning? I put it to work this week and I’m impressed. It’s the perfect second layer when I want something more elevated than a cardigan and it’s so comfortable (AND it’s under $100)!
- Leopard print. My Instagram feed has been filled with leopard print outfits from my fellow bloggers and I am here for it. Few prints can add the simultaneous playfulness and elegance that an animal print can. I styled my London Times Willa dress (also styled here) in a more fall way on the trip, and it ended up being one of my favorite outfits of the week.
- My Summersalt bathing suit. I snuck away to the beach twice when I was in Charleston, and I was reminded how much I just love this one-piece each time. It’s flattering, comfortable, and stays in place! Shop now to be prepared for next summer and you’ll get a free, super-soft Turkish towel with any $95+ purchase (while supplies last).
This Week in Sales:
- Nordstrom has lots of layering basics that are on sale right now at great prices, like this soft chenille sweater (comes in 6 colors!), this timeless ribbed sweater, Free People’s Shimmy Shake top, this raw edge pocket tee (only $15!), this slouchy lightweight sweater, and the gorgeous dusty purple tunic I recently bought!
- Save 25% on most MICHAEL Michael Kors at Macy’s through 9/25
- Stay current with the season’s latest trends by adding this faux leather moto jacket to your wardrobe for under $50!
- Take an extra 40% off sale styles at LOFT like this striped open cardigan, this easygoing hooded cardigan, and this flattering flare dress that I cannot believe is under $30!
- Check out what Gal Meets Glam Collection dresses are currently on sale here.
This Week in Photos:
This is a very small little preview of photos from this week in Charleston (I have SO many)!
Asking for help on:
- I need tall boots and I can’t find any that fit! I have muscular calves that never fit into regular boots, but they aren’t big enough for “wide calf” boots. Any recommendations?
- Please let me know if you ever see typos in my content! I’m a one-woman show and it’s always so helpful when people catch the mistakes I miss.